Hello Wednesday, Hello divine caramel apple oatmeal cookies!
Guess what I’ve been eating all week 😉
We baked these overly delicious caramel apple oatmeal cookies on Sunday, and I just can’t stop eating them. (well maybe you shouldn’t make so much then). But I’m not the only one everyone who tries these cookies can’t stop eating them. We gave one batch of cookies to friends, who loved them too and now I still have enough batter in the fridge to make another batch :s so i’ll be making more soon.
If you need an addiction -> read on , cause these cookies are real! Chewy, soft, sweet, apple oatmeal cookies drizzled with creamy caramel. Need I say more?
We came back from our holidays last week, so we’re in need of some sweet comfort food to keep us from longing back to those to weeks in Slovenia. If you have no idea what Slovenia looks like, google it now! That country just has it all, mountains, Balkan influences, Mediterranean/Italian atmospheres, vineyards and great beers. And the great thing is nearly everything is within only a 3 hour drive!
Here’s one of the results too, and then i’ll quickly go back to baking those mouthwatering caramel apple oatmeal cookies!
It’s actually a really basic and easy recipe. You can make these cookies in about 25 minutes if you have all ingredients at hand. This recipe is perfect for making cookies with your children or when you don;t have much time and want to surprise your friends ‘n family with some super tasty home baked goodness.
The cookies stay tasty for at least 4 days (that’s how long mine lasted, stored airtight). If you manage to have some batter left over, just put it in an airtight container or cling foil and put it in the fridge! It’ll stay fresh for about 3-6 days at least.
Caramel apple oatmeal cookies recipe
- 1 large apple
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup ginger syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs (17mL) water
- ⅓ cup (65 gr) sugar
- ¼ cup (50gr) butter
- 3 tbsp (50mL) cooking cream, room temperature
- pinch of seasalt
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Peel the apple and remove the core, slice and dice the apple into tiny little cubes (brunoise). In a small bowl mix the apple with the 2 tablespoons of flour.
- In a medium bowl mix together the 1 cup of flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and apple pie spice.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Add the liquids; ginger syrup, vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined. Then add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix again until you have a well combined batter. Add the apple and give it a well but gentle stir.
- Grease a baking sheet or line with baking paper and drop tablespoons of the batter on the sheet and slightly press it. Leave about 1.5-2 inch of space between the drops of batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until dark golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely before adding the caramel topping.
- Add the water and sugar to a small sauce pan
- Put the pan on low-medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Don't stir anymore when the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat to medium-high and only swirl the pan.
- Keep a close watch on your caramel, from the moment it's boiling. You want your caramel perfectly dark golden brown.
- When the color is right, remove from heat immediately.
- Let it sit for 20 seconds.
- Add the cream and give it a stir (make sure it's room temperature or warmer). Watch out for splashes, you're adding a much cooler liquid to a very hot liquid!
- Add the butter and stir until you have a nice thick creamy caramel sauce.
- Drizzle over the cooled down cookies!
- Enjoy your caramel apple oatmeal cookies!