This tiny but oh-so-tasty appetizer just made it to my top ten list.
This week I have been thinking about some ideas for easy bites. Those little appetizers that you can put together quickly and work great when having a party or just when you’re craving for a little healthy snack. You’ll know when these ideas get into your mind, you want to make something right away and eat it right away…at least I do…and this tuesday was just one of those days.. For these tiny cucumber bites I felt like just using anything I already had at home. So open goes the fridge and the cupboards and then I got it. Cucumber, blue cheese balsamic and cripsy bacon!
How easy can it be, I think it’s really fun to be making these little bites and it gets creativity flowing. (you can be quite sure more of these tiny eats will follow 😉 ) When you know what ingredients to use, the next question ishow are you going to arrange it. I felt like a little kid playing with Lego, instead it was food I needed to put together in some way I liked it. You can literally go a 1000 ways , you can cut the cucumber, slice the cucumber, chop the cucumber or whizz everything together and eat it on a cracker..(that last one I just realized 😛 )
I started of with just cutting the cucumber in thin slices and arrange everything as a tiny little cucumber burger, it could be working but the looks are just…not that what I wanted.
Next try was a piece of cucumber I scooped out and put the cheese, bacon and arugula in. Tasty but nope not the look I wanted (doesn’t even deserve a picture).
Then I got this idea to use a peeler and scrape of a thin, long slice and roll it up, stuff that with all the goodness and voila these tasty little cucumber bites were born.
I’m sure you guys can come up with more great ideas on how to put a tiny bite like this together! Let me know if you have other or better ideas!
Here is the recipe on how to make these tiny and tasty cucmber bites.
- 6 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 slices crispy baked bacon
- balsamic vinegar
- handful of arugula
- Use a peeler to slice thin strips of cucumber (in the length) until you start to see the seeds in the center of the cucumber. Turn the cucumber over and peel strips of until you get to the center again.
- Cut these strips in half lengthwise and roll them up in a ring (it will stick together on its own)
- Put a teaspoon of blue cheese in the ring, stick in a few leaves of arugula and stick some little shards of crispy bacon in.
- Sprinkle a little balsamic over the cheese.
- That's it, enjoy!