Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti
Like spaghetti? Like Blue cheese? Like brussels sprouts? Like Apple?…..Like balsamic? yes, yes, yes, yes and yes! Here’s a super healthy and fast recipe that gives spaghetti a new meaning. I don’t think this recipe is any Italian but it sure tastes good! Last week I had some brussels sprouts left that were screaming to be eaten, and I was craving for some spaghetti but…I didn’t feel like cooking (Yup it happens..;)) because I was busy photographing this cranberry oatmeal cake and had already stuffed my face with the cake and the batter…Mmmm.
So I needed something quick, something spaghetti and the sprouts. Luckily I had some blue cheese in the fridge as well otherwise it would’ve been hard to come up with something. Blue cheese goes well with appel, and with sprouts and with spaghetti. And then the balsamic saves the day by blending everything together all the way. So I believe this brussels sprouts spaghetti has just 5 ingredients; Spaghetti, Brussels sprouts, Apple, Blue Cheese and Balsamic.
I’ll cut it now and keep it short, because this has to be a quick one. Alright, you’re ready, set..GO!
Oh, and by the way, ever thought of starting your own blog? I have a How to start a food blog page where I tell you how to set up your very own food blog! Did you know it only takes about 15 minutes?
I’d love to know what you think of this Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti Leave a comment and rate this recipe below!
- ⅓ pound Spaghetti (preferably whole-wheat spaghetti)
- 1 pound (400 gr) Brussels sprouts
- 1 Apple
- 1 Tbsp Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Shallots
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic
- Cook the spaghetti by following its intructions
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half (or slice them), Cut the apple in small cubes, finely chop the shallots.
- Heat a frying-pan or wok on high heat and sprinkle some olive oil in the pan. Sauté the shallots and add the brussels sprouts and the apple. Stir-fry this untill the sprouts have softened but still have a bite.
- Drain the spaghetti and whisk the blue cheese crumbs through. (or crumble on top after serving)
- Serve everything together on a nice plate and enjoy!