I love sandwiches, ever since we’ve got a Subway near our home I have to keep myself from going there too often (once a month or so, is still quite ok, I guess..). Subway serves these delicious B.M.T sandwich, and I’ve always wondered if these sandwiches are healthy or not. I guess if you don’t eat them too often they don’t do any harm.
Now, since today March 17 is ‘Submarine Day’ I thought that calls for a tasty kind of submarine instead, of the real sub..marine…ones.. so here’s a quick recipe!
It wasn’t hard to pick a submarine sandwich, because my favorite one is naturally the b.m.t. sandwich! A lot of tasty Italian meat, a little lettuce and tomato, cheese and to give it a little more bite add some jalapenos. It’s really easy! Once you know how to make this b.m.t. sandwich you’ll want to think twice before spending your money on the ones they sell at the subway station. Let’s make it!
B.M.T Sandwich recipe
- 1 footlong crusty baguette
- 1 or 2 oz. Serrano Ham
- 10 thin slices Chorizo
- 1-2 oz. Dry Salami or Pepperoni
- 3 slices of mature cheese
- Pickled Jalapenos as you like
- 1 Tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 leaves of lettuce, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1tbsp vinegar
- ½ clove of finely chopped garlic
- pinch of dried oregano
- pinch of dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise
- Layer all the meats, then the cheese, the jalapenos, the tomato and the lettuce on the bottom half of the baguette
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the sandwich and press the the top half of the baguette firmly on top.
- Cut the sandwich in half (you could secure the sandwich with toothpicks when cutting it in half)