Sweet Spanish meatballs, how I love them!
Simple, easy deliciousness on a plate! These Spanish meatballs are so crazy delicious and they’re done so quickly.
They’re fresh, they’re easy and oh so tasty. Make these Spanish meatballs swim in a sauce with tomato, eggplant and sweet simmered red bell pepper!
Every time I eat these meatballs I celebrate a little, not only because I’m crazy about meatballs, but that sauce with its Spanish twist is amazing! I don’t know why but I really love to eat these Spanish meatballs on hot days. Maybe that’s because it makes it feel just that little bit more Spanish? I don’t know but I do know you will love them too.
The recipe is very basic, you just start by seasoning the minced beef. I usually take organic beef with low fat. Make little golf-ball sized meatballs after you have seasoned the minced beef with a little bit of paprika, salt, pepper and a little bit of chili powder. Then heat a splash of olive oil in a pan and fry some minced garlic and paprika for a minute. Now you’re actually starting to fill your kitchen with that mouthwatering smell, which will even get better along the way. Add the meatballs and bake ‘m brown on every side. If that smell will not make your mouth water, stop reading and order a pizza ;).
When your spanish meatballs are brown on all sides, you take them out of the pan and add cubes of eggplant and bell pepper, after a while add the tomatoes and squash ’em with the back of a spoon. Now drop in those meatballs again and let that simmer for 10 minutes. Oh my goodness you will love them, my mouth is actually watering while writing right now.
Tip: Eat this dish with some garlic bread or make yourself some Patatas Bravas (spicy Spanish fried potatoes) to go on the side!
Spanish meatballs recipe
- 5 tbsp Olive oil (or any other vegetable oil you like)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of roasted paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 pound (500gr) lean minced beef
- 1 eggplant, cut in small cubes
- 2 sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes (14.5 oz. / 450gr)
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- Season the minced beef with salt, pepper, ½ teaspoon of paprika and the chilipowder.
- Roll the beef into small golf-ball sized balls.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the paprika and garlic. After a minute add the meatballs and fry them until brown on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add in the same oil the diced eggplant and bell pepper and fry for a few minutes, then add in the tomatoes from the can and squash them with a spoon.
- Add in the meatballs again.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat with a lid on the pan.
- Now, enjoy your Spanish Meatballs!