Almond Date Truffles
Have you ever ate dates? Whether or not you liked them, you’ve got to try these! Because we will be turning these brown and wrinkly dates into the best healthy little energy bombs you’ve ever had, Date Truffles!
These little date balls will be your best treat for after dinner, before and after work-out, whenever you’re in need of an energy boost or when you need to impress your date ;).
Dates are natural energy bombs that provide plenty of good stuff for you. These little sticky fruits contain a lot of fibres, minerals, antioxidants and natural sugars, so let’s turn them into a healthy treat.
Almost all ingredients we’ll be using in these truffles are natural, so that we’ll keep them fresh and healthy. What goes in are; dates, cocoa powder, almonds (or any other nuts), honey and I used flaked coconut, cinnamonpowder and chocolate sprinkles for topping.
Here we go! Oh, and of course let me know what you think of them when you have tried them!
- 15 Medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup almonds ( or any other nut you prefer)
- ¾ cup finely ground almonds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon seasalt
- crushed nuts, chocolate sprinkles, flaked coconut and cinnamon for topping!
- Soak the (pitted) dates in hot water for a few minutes to soften
- Squeeze out excess water
- Pulse the nuts and the ground almonds, honey and cocoa powder in a food processor until they are finely ground. Add the dates, seasalt and pulse untill a thick and sticky ball forms. Remove from kitchen machine.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Roll the balls in the toppings of your choice. Place on a bakingsheet in the refridgerator untill they're hard enough not to stick.
- You can use any topping you like, try some cardamompowder and eat them with your coffee.