Today’s recipe is a remarkably tasty fennel quiche that is healthy as well.
Earlier this week I showed you the recipe for Heavenly Mud, which is ridiculous delicious of course, but not that ridiculous healthy as you might reckon.
So now it’s time for a healthy and fresh veggie fennel quiche.
All you need is a springform pan or a quiche dish and about 30 minutes of your time to make yourself this yummy dinner.
We made this one last sunday. In the weekends we love cooking together and to try new stuff. Fennel is something we don’t eat very often so we decided to make a dish in which fennel would be the main ingredient.
That’s why we made this fennel quiche.
Did you know that fennel has many more uses than to just being chopped up in a fennel quiche? I figured I didn’t know much about fennel so wikipedia and google helped me out a bit here. Fennel is a herb, a vegetable and a medicine and is known for its fantastic effect on our digestive system, but it’s also being used for making tea, medicines and in the chemical industry. Quite a multifunctional plant.
So now you got your fact of the week ;) let’s start cooking the fennel quiche!
P.S if you prepared this recipe for yourself let me know what you think of it in the comments below!
Healthy fennel quiche recipe
- 5 sheets of puff pastry
- A little butter
- 2 fennel bulbs
- ½ pound of brie cheese
- 14 oz artichoke hearts
- 3 eggs
- 7 fl. oz. cream
- 2 tbsp dried dragon
- 3 oz salted cashewnuts
- Let the sheets of puff pastry defrost, grease the springform with a little butter.
- Heat the oven to 180C / 350F and cover the springform with the pastry.
- Remove the green stems and the bottom of the fennel bulbs, slice the brie cheese and cut the artichoke hearts coarsely.
- Slice the fennel bulbs razor thin, this brings out a lot of its flavor. (a foodprocessor might be handy here) Put ¾ of the fennel and all of the artichoke and brie in the springform mixed together.
- beat the eggs while adding the cream, dragon and some pepper and salt. pour this mixture in the springform and then sprinkle the last ¼ of fennel on top of the quiche.
- Bake the quiche in 55 minutes until goldenbrown, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast the cashew nuts for 2 minutes in a pan without oil or butter and sprinkle them over the quiche.