Ice…Cold…Refreshing…and…d*mn good! If I may say so.
I’ve been looking nearly anywhere to find those glass mason jar mugs for putting my lemonade in..and then suddenly I saw them at a store, just standing there looking at me. They were a bargain, normally those trendy things will cost you, but not this time ;). Lucky me! It would be nice to have some real mason jars too, but I can’t seem to find real nice ones anywhere without paying the jackpot.
Everytime the sun’s out during this summer I feel the need for ice cold refreshing drinks, and what’s better to take a relaxing break in the sun with a ice cold grapefruit lemonade in your hand?And you know? These fresh and fruity lemonades are so easy to make and are so tasty! Basically all you need is some fruit, a little water, and a sweetener like sugar and a lime or lemon to make it sour again. That’s it! great right?
Grapefruits are so delicious! They’re one of those fruits that are bitter, sour and sweet all at the same time. It’s definitely one of my favorite fruits! I’m talking about pink grapefruits if you might wonder. The yellow or white grapefruit tastes different and is not as good as pink grapefruit in my opinion.
Sparkling grapefruit lemonade recipe
- 1 juicy pink grapefruit
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups (1 liter) ice cold sparkling water (I used San Pellegrino)
- Pour 1 cup of water into a saucepan
- Add the zest of the grapefruit and the grapefruit juice too
- Add the sugar and the juice of the lemon
- Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar has all dissolved
- Now you've got your lemonade, let it cool down
- when cooled down, pour into mason jars, or a large water carafe
- Add the cold sparkling water and stir a little.
- Finish it with a piece of fresh fruit and enjoy!